5.16.2005

yet another completely un-original blog entry about liquid chocolate and snake-related dreams

Very bizarre dream this weekend. I dreamt that I went to visit a friend of mine in Washington, D.C. I went into her office. She wasn't there. Amazingly, the lay-out of her office was exactly like one I had worked in years ago, except the desk was turned opposite of how it was in my old office. Anyway, I waited around for my friend a bit, looked at the pictures on her desk. She had something chocolate on her desk, and I ate it. Then I got tired of waiting and walked out of her office. She had a male boss and a female secretary. I started chatting it up with them. Then I left with the male boss - he was about 50ish with gray hair. He showed me where to get on the public transport train and we started talking about restaurants. I made the comment that we had none of the restaurants I was seeing where I live. We got off the train. He stopped to eat, however, I did not eat because I wanted to keep my options open for which new and exciting restaurant I wanted to try.

OK, the dream's been fairly non-eventful and non-freaky up to this point. But then, we get back on the train and the train starts going very slowly. The train is open now and more like a tram, and we are driving slowly through a huge snake pit. At first I think the snakes are plastic, like Nathan's plastic snake Roger, but then I realize they are not plastic but are all about dead and just slithering very slowly. All the snakes were large, dark and very smooth looking.

Here's what the on-line dream interpreter said:

-To see a snake signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal.

Hmmm, well whatever the meaning was, the snakes were almost dead.

-To dream that you are on a train, is symbolic of your life's journey and suggests that you are on the right track in life and headed for the right direction. Alternatively, you have a tendency to worry needlessly over a situation that will prove to work out in the end.

-To dream that you are in a restaurant, suggests that you are feeling overwhelmed by decisions/choices that you need to make in your life. Alternatively, it indicates that you are seeking for emotional nourishment outside your social support system.

-To see chocolate in your dream, signifies self-reward. It also denotes that you may be indulging in too many excesses (Starbucks, PF Changs, purses... ) and need to practice some restraint (like make your own coffee, cook your own food). And I'm probably not being a very good friend if I'm just helping myself to my girlfriend's chocolate.

Or the dream could just mean 1. I've been thinking about Nathan's plastic snake Roger and how he might have been involved in some unfortunate kid-related incident that I don't think I got the full story on where Roger ended up losing his head and I had to buy Nathan more plastic snakes to make up for the loss. 2. I dreamt about my friend because I had been texting her before bed 3. She likes chocolate and 4. I dreamt about restaurants because I ate out that night and I love to eat out. But I may be over-simplifying things.

Amazing discoveries:
1. It is possible to survive one weekend, possible - but not desirable, without either a mani or a pedi.
2. Hot rollers! My hair looks fabulous today!
3. It is possible to make large, blueberry muffins and not just purchase them at Starbucks.
4. My fat ass. Where did that come from? Amazing I would really wonder that immediately after typing about muffins.
5. It is possible for me to drive a car that has neither a CD player or power steering. Hooray for the Vintage Ford Mustang! (Plus I look totally cute driving it.)
6. Chantico - new chocolate drink at Starbucks. My chocolate-loving friend was asking me the other day if I'd tried this. No, I hadn't. So I asked one of my Starbucks friends yesterday and they gave me a free one. I watched them make it. They poor this stuff from a pitcher that looks like raw sewage. That kind of made me not want to drink it. It was ok, but a bit too rich and syrup-y. Who wants to drink a hot, melted candy bar? But the tiny cup it came in was cute.
7. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Strange things I've discovered amongst all the checkered things while cleaning the parsonage:
1. My bedroom floor.
2. Prom photos of the Pastor. Those just made me giggle.
3. Oh but then I stumbled across a photo of the Pastor and the former Mrs. Pastor. They were all snuggled up on a couch and smiling. I didn't like that picture. It's funny that the prom photos I thought were just silly, but this photo made me feel not very nice. And I know the Pastor would want me to be like Jesus.
4. A sling-shot. What does a Pastor need with a sling-shot? That hardly seems Jesus-like. Unless it is used to shoot Nicodemus out of a tree.
5. Closets, yet none of them large enough to hold my vast collection of inappropriate yet cute clothing. I am slowly and single-handedly taking over the closet space in the parsonage as I continue to unpack.
6. Found my black, front-slit pencil skirt from The Limited. Notice how when I talk about the Pastor it is "the Pastor" but The Limited is "The Limited".
7. "Bible Pictionary". Uh, who wants to play against the resident bible scholar? Who thought this game in our home was a good idea?
8. A picture of the Pastor shirtless in a garden with older daughter when older daughter was a much younger daughter and they were picking vine-ripe tomatoes. Oooo, the sight of my beloved Pastor with no shirt on in the sunshine with vine-ripe tomatoes. The Pastor + vine-ripe tomatoes + lettuce + oil & vinegar = one delicious salad. I miss him.

1 comment:

Fej said...

There is absolutely nothing un-original about any of your entries.