5.06.2005

hot & fat, no one wants to sing me a special song, and being attacked by ants

I thought I was making great progress with younger daughter. We had this beautiful moment yesterday when she sang me the "I Love You Mommy" song. After she sang it I hugged her and told her how good she did. I thought we were having a moment. Then she said "I'm going to go sing it to my sissy too!" So apparently she was just proud of the fact that she knew the song and would sing it to anyone who would listen.

I weighed yesterday, which is something I have not done in a very long time. In part because I made it a new year's resolution to NOT step on a scale and I have been successful with that resolution. So I weighed, and now I am on a diet. Last night the Pastor comes home very late after teaching a class and crawls into bed with me, the sleepy fat one. We are chit chatting about our day stuff, and have a conversation about how fat I am and how I'm on a diet, blah blah blah. Then a few minutes later, the Pastor says "your body is HOT!" He should have stopped there, but nooooooooooo... he went on to say "I mean in the temperature sense". Whyyyyyyyyyy oh whyyyyyyy after I've just told you how fat I am would you not stop at "HOT"??? It was practically my birthday and all!

By the way, there was an ant in our bathroom yesterday.

1 comment:

Fej said...

I'm still reading and enjoying your humor, just not always commenting.