5.27.2005

will work for marabou slippers

The Pastor has opined that I should quit my job. That is both intoxicating and frightening.

1. I've never had that opportunity before.
2. At times like these, one must consult higher spiritual powers. What would Bridget Jones do? Where is my bible (Bridget Jones Guide to Life)? What would Carrie Bradshaw do? Bridget would quit her job in a second if Mark Darcy wanted her to. And he would love her even if she were not employed, because he loves her even when she's fat. Carrie would be completely perplexed, so she would spend the day shoe shopping to mull things over. Carrie would also go drink some Cosmos, but alas, I am a nice Pastor's wife and unable to do so.
3. The Pastor brought this up a wee bit early this morning. So,
a. I'm not sure I can hold him accountable for conversations that occur so early in the morning and
b. One should never have serious conversations before coffee. I have just a pounding, massive headache now and that is not a good way to plod through the day.
4. On the way to work, hovering over my office, was a hot air balloon. Was that some sort of sign? What does it mean? If I didn't have this job, I wouldn't have seen the hot air balloon. Seeing the hot air balloon made me happy and made me smile. I thought about the people floating around in the balloon on this lovely May day. However, spending an extra hour in bed with the Pastor would have made me happier this morning.
5. I make a lot of money. I am a busy and important career woman. Is that how I define myself? Is that where I draw my security from? I fear that is what I have grown accustomed to. Is that what I should be doing? It scares me to stay, it scares me to leave.
6. How do people who don't work buy cute clothes? And purses and bracelets and makeup and thongs?
7. If I didn't work, would I still wear skirts? Absolutely.
8. I've never left a job without having another gig lined up. Well, I guess I technically would have another gig lined up. Working for the Pastor.
9. I could totally understand quitting if I had little bitty kiddos, but I don't have little bitty kiddos. I don't even have little bitty poodle puppies. Would I go stir crazy if I didn't work a normal "job"? But I would have a husband to take care of, and that could totally be a job in and of itself. A fun job.
10. Do you think someone would pay me to blog? That would be really cool.
11. It would be easy for me to find something else, because it's always easier for attractive people to find work.
12. Would I automatically turn into one of those fat mommies who roll out of bed and drive their kids to school with no shower and no makeup wearing fuzzy slippers and pajama bottoms? No, I would shower and put on makeup and at least my marabou fur trimmed heels I bought at Frederick's of Hollywood.
13. I could get job in Customer Service Department at Wal Mart. Then, even when I worked, I would still get to see the Pastor.

1 comment:

Fej said...

10. Do you think anyone would pay me to blog?

I wouldn't rule that out.