5.25.2005

bling bling, much anticipated dry cleaner update and the infamous cinnamon roll incident

The Pastor and I were talking. Apparently, I am learning that is something married couples actually do. I know! anyway, the Pastor said the best pre-trip investment he had made was buying a new pair of sunglasses. I said I thought *I* was the best pre-trip investment you had made!!! The Pastor said I wasn't so much an investment as a very pricey luxury item.

But then he said I am like the accessory of his life. His bling.

I tried a new dry cleaner. I can never go back there. It's not like they didn't do a good job or were too expensive or did not provide good service. It's just that they hung all my clothes on the hangers facing the wrong direction. Everyone knows if you were facing the buttons that the hook of the hanger is on the left side. Duh!

I haven't felt much like blogging this week. You'd think there would be all sorts of blog fodder, being a newlywed and having three kids and all. But people, a lot of this stuff just. isn't. funny.

There's a lot of adjustment to living with a whole bunch of people. People who handle things much differently than you handle things. The Pastor apparently buys things and takes them back. Once I make a decision to purchase something, it's a permanent decision. There's no going back. Plus as much as I hate places like Wal Mart, I'm not going to buy something there with the thought that I might actually have to go back a 2nd time and wait in the return line which I imagine if there is a purgatory, it would be much like the customer service/return department at Wal Mart. And with being a newlywed and all, the whole concept of returning something makes me very uneasy. Does the Pastor think he can take me back too? Needless to say, just to be on the safe side, I'm not going to take my big diamond ring off my finger.

This is really the only week we have together as a family until the end of July. Ugh! I worked so hard to get the house ready for the Pastor to come home, perhaps I'm feeling a bit of a let down that I worked so hard on something and now it's over and I worked so hard on the house and now there's all these people there who insist on putting dirty dishes on both sides of the sink and leave stuff all over my nice clean flat surfaces. Shoes everywhere! And the Pastor may be just a teensy bit grumpy, jet lagged, stressed that he is only home for a week? I dunno. And I've been completely over the top sensitive. Then the Pastor is walking around saying things like what happened to the family room, why is this room such a pit? or how much money is in your checking account??? So needless to say, between the Pastor's jet-lagedness and my over-sensitivity, it's been an interesting week.

Then there was the infamous cinnamon roll incident of 2005. We went to a food trough last night and younger daughter got this cinnamon roll. She asked her daddy to cut it up. Pahhhlease! The thing was soft, doughy bread! So I said "Younger daughter, you are a big girl. You can cut up your own cinnamon roll. Do you know how? " She didn't, so I showed her how. She did it for like two seconds, leaned over to daddy Pastor and whispered in his ear. The next thing I know, the Pastor is cutting up her cinnamon roll. I tried to explain to Pastor that I had just told her to cut her own cinnamon roll ! ! ! , but much like every other thing I've tried to express this week, I guess the words just didn't come out right. Oh well. Anyway, he cut up her cinnamon roll and it irritated me.

Then there was this whole other incident where the Pastor made a suggestion as to how I might handle a situation with my small child, and that one didn't turn out so well either but the theme of this blog is really about how fabulous and perfect I am so I won't go on and on with that whole story.

No comments: