5.02.2005

technicolor fundy chocolate chip cookie dough minus the chips but plus the sparkles

The Pastor is a genius

The Pastor brought me roses for our one week anniversary. We got a lovely vase for a wedding present and he brought me beautiful pink roses in it. So after a week he still likes being married to me.

The Pastor is fascinated with Nepal. So I thought I would be nice wife and try to cook some authentic Nepalese cuisine for him. Because he is so hot. So I amazon.com'd a Nepal cookbook. One of the recipes is for rice. The ingredients are rice water salt and butter. This whole being a wife who cooks thing is going to be totally easy. And someday, when we go to Nepal, I will be able to connect with the natives because I know how to make their food.

Actual conversation with younger daughter: "Robyn, how come I (emphasis on I) never get into trouble??" Uhhhh....I dunno.......cuz you're being good?

girls gone wild
Total girls day out on Saturday with new daughters. Striving to turn them into mini-me's. As if one of me is not enough! We went for a very nice girly lunch. Of course, we had dessert. We shopped at the mall, and yes, we got matchy-matchy outfits. Then we got manis. Then we made the Pastor take us out for a nice dinner.

and on the seventh day, she scrubbed the toilet
how I spent my day of rest
1. Went to church.
2. Cleaned out fridge.
3. Worked around house.
4. Spent about two hours cleaning a bathroom.
5. Went to grocery store. (Had a budget and stayed 35 cents under budget! Woo hoo! Also saved $2.40 in coupons!!!! I may be the best wife ever!)
6. Cooked dinner.
7. Made chocolate chip cookie dough for the pastor, only apparently he likes it minus the chocolate chips. How was a young bride to know?

The Pastor spoke in his sleep last night. He said:"the bible says.... mumble... mumble.... mumble". So I have no idea the point he was trying to make. He didn't have to preach this weekend, so maybe he had something trapped inside that he had to get out, some sort of divine message from God. Something that was confined within that he had to release. But I've never actually heard him start a sentence with the phrase "the bible says...". Sounds a bit too fundamentalist to be coming out the Pastor's mouth, but perhaps he was dreaming in technicolor fundy.

It's probably inappropriate for a woman of my age and professional position, but I love anything that sparkles. If I could make this blog sparkle on your computer screen, I would. So I pretty much am smearing on body glitter or some sort of shimmer powder every day. Then, inevitably, anything I touch, rub up against (including the Pastor) sparkles too. Older daughter said "you make him sparkly".

Just doing my part to make the world a brighter place.

1 comment:

Fej said...

"And on the seventh day, she scrubbed the toilet"...

You are too funny.