5.18.2005

do Jedi Knights wear kicky eyelet skirts and drink lattes?

use the force
Went to Starbucks this morning. There was a young man in the coffee shop dressed in full Jedi Knight garb. I totally should have taken my picture with him. Why, oh why, did I NOT do that? Oh, because I wasn't fully awake yet and this idea did not occur to me until after I drank my coffee. The movie doesn't start until tomorrow. All I could think of was if this is what he's wearing today, what on earth is he going to wear tomorrow? It doesn't seem logical to me that a Jedi Knight would need a caffeine boost, since they have the force and all, but who am I to argue? Or maybe he got decaf. And I've seen the Star Wars movies, I don't recall there being a Starbucks in any of them.

scientific experiment
As far as I could tell, using the force didn't get him as good of service as I got just for being me.

outfit of the day
Today is a jeans day at work so naturally I have on a cute white eyelet skirt and a bright pink tee and bright pink heels so that everyone can say "why don't you have on jeans today"??? But who wants to wear jeans when you can wear a kicky little eyelet skirt. Or a Jedi outfit. Eyelet makes me happy. Oh, and my hair looks very nice again today. It's all flipped-out.

happy birthday to me!
Speaking of eyelet and happy... I got some cash for my birthday and I thought and thought about what I really wanted. I decided I really, really wanted the black eyelet strapless dress my chocolate-loving friend wore in dreamwedding2005. So the dress arrived yesterday. I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to fit my fat hiney into the size 6, but with it's a-line skirt and empire-ish waist, it fit! Now I am happy that I did get the dress I wanted and it fits. So maybe I am not so fat after all.

I haven't felt like posting for a couple of days. I've been in a foul non-posting sort of mood.

more dream interpretation
I was having a lovely dream about the Pastor last night. But then I woke up. Sure I can stay asleep while I'm on the train/tram driving through the giant pit filled with slow-slithering snakes, but when I'm dreaming something nice about the Pastor I wake up.

the top reasons it was ok for me to have a fantasy pregnancy alert while the Pastor is out of the country:
1. My boobies were sore.
2. My ever increasing bootie.
3. People would always wonder if we had to get married.
4. Because I am completely dramatic.
5. God has a sense of humor, doesn't she?
6. Man + woman = babies. Right?
7. Because an even number of kids would be better than an odd number. Odd numbers freak me out.
8. I was using the force.
9. Pregnancy tests are yet another fun, scientific experiment. And hey, you never know.

No comments: