5.20.2005

large shoulder pads, vaginal delivery by robot and donuts

Robyn's fabulous Star Wars movie review

Let me sum things up. Why would large shoulder pads ever come back into style? But the Jedi boys can totally get away with it because they know how to work it with those hooded capes.

Oh, and there's this one scene where Obi Wan tells Pad Thai that Anakin has been a bad boy. Pad Thai says nuh-uh, but then she puts on this fab maternity pants outfit and chases her baby daddy down to see what up.

Where are the restaurants? Where and when do these people eat? And its so typical. There's this big huge war and the men are all fighting and the one chick in the movie is brushing her hair and worrying about how she's going to decorate the baby's room. And as cool as I think robots are, personally if I am going to have a baby I don't want a robot with metal talons assisting with the vaginal delivery. Where was the force when that was going on?

I like those robot things in the movie that look like dogs even though they're evil. I think they are cute. But since they look like dogs, the Pastor probably wouldn't let me have one of those either.

It was the best Star Wars movie in my opinion. Nathan and I agree it is our favorite. The effects were spectacular. Very well done.

I just had a strange realization though. The very first time I saw the very first Star Wars it was what - 1977? and my Uncle Paul and Aunt Debbie took my brothers and I to see it. We went to Winchell's and had a donut too. I just realized without even thinking about that yesterday, before Nathan and I went to see the movie we went to the bakery and got donuts and took them with us. What is this strange correlation between going to see Star Wars films and eating donuts? Hmmmm.

No comments: