5.04.2005

blog entry designed around the word "schlep", because the Pastor likes it when I say "schlep"

A week from today, the Pastor will be in the Holy Land, studying the landscape of the places he talks about every day. A week from today, I will be eating at P. F. Changs, like a normal person. Steamed veggie dumplings! Rice! Spicy tofu! Buddah’s feast!

Geez! These family people want to eat dinner each and every single day! C'mon people! I work! I come home. I cook! I do the dishes! I look cute! It’s exhausting.

Younger daughter asks every night at dinner, while we are still eating dinner, “what’s for dessert?”

I have “red eye” in the majority of pictures. Why is that? Is it my inner-devil?

Watched one of my male co-workers walking in to work. Must be so great to be a guy! Where’s all your stuff? How come you don’t have to schlep a tote bag into work? Where’s your commuter mug? I would feel so naked without anything to carry. I guess this goes back to my more primitive and tribal female ancestors….they didn’t have cute totes and Starbucks mugs, but they had baskets on their heads and babies on the hips. So maybe in the absence of having a baby on one of my large perfect-for-child-bearing hips, I feel like I must carry something around. It’s a little early to be getting so deep this morning.

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo. I love any holiday involving Mexican food. Mom’s due date with me was actually May 5. She went into labor with me on May 5, but had me at 2:17 a.m. on May 6. So you see, I was just a couple of hours late. Pastor said that was typical. Me late, right from the get-go.

No comments: