7.29.2005

population of Robyn's shoe collection has increased by 2 pairs

Another day poolside. The days are just all running together. Much
like when I used to work in an office, except now I am getting a tan.
Earlier, the kids were thinking about being ungrateful and just not
getting along, but then I reminded them about how I would be happy to
take them home and let them scrub toilets, vacuum, mop and dust and I
would go get a pedicure. Since then, they've been fine.

Yesterday, I heard younger daughter opine that I didn't play and I
didn't have fun. So a while later, I commented that I had intended to
take the kids swimming, but since I didn't play and didn't have fun, I
couldn't do that. Then after lunch, I made mention of the fact that I
wanted to pass out fudgesicles, but since I wasn't fun and didn't play,
I wouldn't do that. She finally pulled me aside to have a
conversation. She asked me if I played and had fun, how come I just
cook all the time? Uhhhh, so you can eat delicious and nutritious
home-cooked meals???

Getting mail is so much fun! Chocolate-Lovin' Friend sent me a pair of
Dr. Scholl's in a blue Paul Frank "Julius" motif. You gotta love a
friendship that involves mailing shoes cross-country.

Had a nice date with the Pastor Wednesday night. It involved cute black
dress (see our pic below), Pei Wei, ice cream and smooching in the
Mustang convertible. Also, he bought me a pair of shoes: black lace
pointy toed high-heeled pumps. So the shoe collection AND suntan are
coming along nicely.

No comments: