7.31.2005

church visit #86

It worked!
For a long time I had a picture of Prada shoes on my fridge. When I
moved, I took it down. When I flip through magazines, I dog-ear pages
to add to my fashion wish-list.

Now that I am not working I have been resisting the temptation to even
buy or flip through In Style or Vogue and tempt myself.

But those evil minions at White House Black Market sent me a catalog.
WHBM being one of about three people and/or organizations who have been
given my forwarding address. Yes, if you want to mail me shoes or
catalogs, I will provide you with the mailing address.

So the WHBM catalog arrived a week or so ago. I spotted a beautiful
black dress and stuck the pic on the fridge, you know where normal
stay-at-home mommies post their children's artwork (I figure whoever
designed those shoes at Prada or that black dress has got to be
someone's kid). So yesterday the Pastor was giving me DP (distance &
privacy) and took the kids shopping at Goodwill. When the Pastor and
the kiddos were showing me their Goodwill finds, a beautiful black and
white sack from WHBM appeared! He bought me the dress!

The Pastor had been unaware of the fact that had he used the coupon
(also in the catalog) and spent $2 more, he could have gotten $25 off.
So I returned the dress and bought it back with a lovely pair of black
wedges with a black and white flower (on clearance!), and WHBM ended up
giving me $5 back! Score!

Alas, I was the only preacher's wife at church today sporting the
backless, black halter dress and wedges that made me very tall. Oh, and
there was also the body glitter.

No comments: