7.17.2005

home is where the laundry is

Unpacked. Laundry is done! Food in the fridge!

I got a migraine headache on the way home. I vomited not 20 minutes
away from our home. (Ewwwww! I never throw up! It is SO unattractive!)
The Pastor said my body was trying to purge the trip.

At church. It doesn't feel like what I think church should feel like.
This morning I told the Pastor I wanted to go to church where people
sing hymns and someone preaches and I can interact with other adults.
The Pastor said what if that is not what he's called to do. Sigh.

I just wanted to sing a hymn. Hear an organ. Even a nice Nazarene
church band that gets all wild and has a 75 year old lady gently tapping
on a 40 year old drum set.

But instead I am in an office building. The Pastor is here, but there's
no preaching today. I'm watching inter-city girls sing and dance to
songs and they are way way way too young to be singing and dancing like
this. Like normal, I am way overdressed.

The good news is I think I learned a new dance move this morning. Hands
on knees. Bottom sticking out. Um, that's all I can describe. Guess
I couldn't have done that at any other "church."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go to life church then