7.22.2005

cones and compartment control-freak

Now that I don't have a job, perhaps the Pastor wants me to open a
sno-cone stand.

We have a sno-cone maker. It's a good one. Not at all like the Snoopy
Sno-Cone Machine. And it's easy to use. You drop the ice in, push a
button and that's it. We didn't have any syrup though. Not after the
Pastor and the kids used up all of my Starbucks vanilla syrup. So the
Pastor went to the store to buy syrup. He comes home and says there was
a problem. They had nine different flavors of syrup. He bought eight
of them. I asked him what flavor did you not buy??? Lime. And today
was L day! I would have liked lime, but oh well, I still have eight
other flavors. Except I won't do root beer.

I did do laundry and go to the library today. Just like I said I
would. Checked out step-family and step-parenting books, and one slow
cooker cookbook.

Today is our three month wedding anniversary. The gift at the three
month mark is son-cone syrup. Did you know that? Anyways, the Pastor
seems to be a fairly simple creature as far as the male species goes.
If all I have to do to keep him happy is make meatloaf, smooch on his
sexy bald head and trounce around the house all pretty-like, we are
going to get along just fine.

I am going to admit something. I am a giant control freak. And I have
come to realize I am a control freak about some of the silliest, most
insignificant stupid things. Like tonight at dinner. We have these
trays that are like school lunch trays, with compartments. I set the
table with those. The Pastor was being helpful and putting mashed
potatoes on the trays. I watched him and thought oh my gosh... I cannot
believe he is putting the mashed potatoes in THAT compartment. That is
NOT the compartment I was going to use! Then it got worse. He was
putting the potatoes in different compartments on the different trays.
Meaning not everyone's mashed potatoes were in the same compartment. All
the trays were different and chaotic! At least I managed to keep my
mouth shut.

Where am I going to put nine bottles of son-cone syrup?

No comments: