7.20.2005

do-mess-tic

Beds are made - except for the one Nate is still snoozing in - house is
sane, clean, organized. And it's only 8 a.m.! Just sitting here with
my personal communication device and my iced caramel machiatto I made
all by myself, thank you very much.

Anywho, I've cooked, I've tidied up, I have endured three children. The
dishwasher and the laundry machines are in a constant state of use. The
Pastor has had actual time to work on his doctoral dissertation. And
what does the Pastor do? He's irritated that I left a package of
strawberries on the counter, did not refrigerate them, and they
spoiled. OK, so I have this weird thing about refrigerating produce.
Sigh. Does he HAVE to search out for something to be irritated about?

When your first bra starts out in the 36 number range, and is already
greater than an "a" cup, where do you go from there? A first bra which
has already surpassed my grown-up girl bra size.
My first bra didn't even have a cup size. It was more of a glorified
smaller version of an undershirt type garment. My current bra barely
has a cup size.

Yesterday was a tough day. Poolside. I was also a total piggy
yesterday so by the time dinner rolled around I figured the day was a
total wash, so I had as much of the thin-crust pizza as I wanted.

We had a pizza night last night and sat down with the kiddos to go over
our "house rules". Each kid is spectacular at pointing out when another
child has committed an infraction, but completely unable to remember how
to follow the rules themselves. So after the meeting, the rest of the
night, whenever a kid committed a kiddie crime, another kid would say
"hey...you broke a house rule!"...oy!

The Pastor went to the hospital last night to perform a pastoral visit.
The lady he went to see, well her husband has a unique vehicle. The
Pastor was cruising through the hospital parking lot, looking for a
space. The "clergy" parking spot was already occupied - by the vehicle
belonging the the husband of the sick lady.

Taking the kids to a magic show this morning. Maybe I can convince the
magician to do some hypnosis too.

No comments: