7.24.2005

change is a good thing, right???

It has dawned on me that I have changed virtually every aspect of my
life. I moved. I quit my job. I gave up my internet access. Acquired
two additional small children. Went from one large walk-in closet to 5
smaller closets. Started cooking (again). Blah blah blah.

This realization came to light when I was reviewing all the
step-parenting books I got at the library. One of the books was
referring to kids dealing with change, and it listed an activity which
was to write a list of all the stuff in their life that had NOT
changed. I think it was at that point in my reading I started thinking
about all the changes and my head started spinning. Don't ya like the
self-centered way I go to the library, check out step-parenting,
step-family books and turn it into something all about me? I guess me
being so self-focused is something we can put on the "has not changed"
list.

I am a person who enjoys and needs a certain amount of personal space.
I don't think it was really an issue when it was just me and the Tot,
because he was just one kid (duh!) and he didn't have some sort of crazy
jealous need to constantly see what his momma was doing. But geez!
Trying to make mashed potatoes with three small children hovering around
you! What's that??? Whatcha makin'? Can I try it? Huh? Huh?
Huh????????? I start to feel claustrophobic.

The Pastor is sitting across the room with his Torah and some articles,
working. He was just thinking out-loud, exclaiming how interesting
something is. After a few mutterings of "that is so interesting!!!" and
"I never realized that!!!!!" I finally said what gives? He said it was
too complicated (translation: boring) to explain.

The Pastor and Nate-Dog had a special bonding moment today. The Pastor
gave him a Mohawk. It looks awesome. The Pastor was almost a little
too good with the hair.

We went to church tonight. At the Church of the Jumbotron which the
Pastor really does not care for. I was really dressed up. The kids...
I just let them go in the clothes they had been running around in all
day. I figured if I looked/dressed completely different than them, it
would be easier to not claim the children.

No comments: