6.02.2005

thou shalt not covet a really cute coral dress, get thee behind me Satan!, adult Happy Meals and off to the land of the Spice Girls

pre-story... hang with me here for a minute people!
The Pastor and I went to a wedding last week. There was a totally cute girl there... cute and a great dancer! She had on the most adorable dress. I had complete dress envy, which I'm pretty sure is in violation of one of the ten commandments? Anyway, adorable dress.

And that brings us to the present day. When the Pastor was in Jerusalem, he brought me back all these really cool scarves and shawls. And everyone knows what happens when you have accessories. You have to have something to wear the accessories with!

I go to the mall today to get my make-up, because it's gift with purchase! That will be a whole other story in just a few. At the mall I think I'll poke around for a simple, cheap black dress, and then I can wear all my scarves and shawls. That's the plan. Sounds innocent enough, right? I thought so too. I go into Express, and there is the dress from the wedding!!! Was $168.00! On sale for $39.50! So you see, I had to do it. One could say the devil made me do it, but we're not allowed to talk like that in front of the Pastor. That is a non-approved phrase. And I'm sure the Pastor would want me to have that dress. Older daughter and younger daughter about drove me insane at the wedding (kids + candy buffet at reception + high sugar content punch + lack of sleep = not so much a good idea) so the Pastor would want me to have a fond memory of the occasion, wouldn't he?

toy included, food optional
OK, now the make-up story. It's gift-with-purchase time. And that IS like the grown up female version of a Happy Meal. Who needs to eat anyway?

now tell me whatcha want, what you really really want...
Off to Manchester, England tomorrow. Will be in transit 15 hours, so maybe there will an airport story or two. Don't worry, I'll still be bloggerific while I'm gone.

No comments: