6.23.2005

our thingy is broken, trees do not have a gender and squirrels don't have feelings

Actual un-retouched, gripping excerpt from a "instant message" conversation between me and the bible scholar I'm married to: (my additional comments are in italics)

the Pastor: um

the Pastor: what was I gonna ask you.

the Pastor: Oh, my tree . .. CP - how is she (CP stands for Chinese Pistachio, even though the thing is not going to have pistachio nuts... so what's the point?)

me: It's just a tree. It has no gender.

me: I can't figure out the hose thing, but the tree appears to be fine.

the Pastor: You wanna bet! Trees have gender!

the Pastor: What, you can't turn on hose?

me: Not ours.

the Pastor: Can you or can you not turn on the hose?

the Pastor: You're joking?

me: If a squirrel can't have feelings a tree cannot have a gender. (this is a follow up to a conversation we had in England. I saw this big, fat, happy-looking squirrel, and I said I wonder what it is thinking. The Pastor said Robyn it is a squirrel. It is not thinking anything)

me: Our thingy is broken

the Pastor: PUSH in while turning on or off.

me: It doesn't have the handle turny thingy?

the Pastor: No handle turny thingy at all?

me: No, the little round thing that you use to turn it on is not on it.

the Pastor: Why would someone steal our trash can, then our spigot handle-turney-thingy? (someone stole one of our big trash cans)

the Pastor: Whatever.

me: The turny thing is on the ground, i can't make it work.

the Pastor: Honey. You push it in and turn . . . okay?

the Pastor: Push in.

the Pastor Turn clockwise on.

the Pastor: Turn clockwise off.

me: I figure it's kids, or maybe somebody stopped by to get a drink. Mom said once when she came over the gate was open. I figured some of the neighbor kids had gotten a drink. (how OLD do I sound, blaming something on "I figure it's kids"??? ugggghhhh)

the Pastor: It's like a key to a vehicle or house.

me: I know how to use a faucet.

the Pastor: So now you're blaming drinking kids?

the Pastor: I'm being silly honey

me: Thirsty kids, not drinking.

No comments: