6.24.2005

green means go, yellow means slow and red means stop-stop-stop!

Have had some challenging communication with the Pastor the past several days. E-mailing and instant messaging is great in that you get to maintain access to people, but perhaps it's not always the best way to communicate about some things. But not to worry, now that we've figured out the source of our frustrating communication - my inability to answer a clear question and my inability to read/hear express, clearly written replies - we are in good shape.

The Pastor e-mailed me his dissertation yesterday. He e-mailed it to me, but then said "you shouldn't read this". Well, of course, I printed it off to read it. Silly me! I'm thinking if you don't want me to read it, then don't send it to me! Then, I thought something on my computer (and mind you, I had like 85 things open at the time) said 42 pages. So I replied back to him congratulations! Look at how much you've written! 42 pages! Wow! You are doing great! Then my printer got jammed, and I had too much open on my desktop and had to start closing things down and was getting annoyed with my computer. And apparently he had written more like 155 pages... and the conversation went downhill from there.

Then, this morning, instant messaging with the Pastor and his opening line was "yellow or green?" What??? And then he said oh nothing. I think what he probably meant was "is it safe to talk to you or should I proceed with caution". Well, that just made me feel even more "red".

Yes, Nathan soaked his feet in the foot spa again last night. He also helped me put together my outfit for today. Someone really needs to take the kid camping or fishing or something.

outfit of the day
I bought an Indian tunic thing in England. It's sheer and fitted and long and it's coral. Gold threads run through it diagonally and it has gold beadwork and sequins around the low v-neck. I have on a turquoise tank underneath it, and the tank is trimmed in lime green lace. (Nate was totally right about what tank top I should wear.) Then I have on my dark jeans from The Limited, and these really tall, strappy iridescent coral sandals. Someone probably wore these same sandals to their Prom. I got them on clearance for $7. This is my new favorite outfit. I just wish I wasn't so fat. I may have to wear it to the airport when I go to pick up the Pastor next week. That is, if he decides to come home.

My potential replacement is here interviewing today. I guess that's ok. I look really cute and fabulous today, so that helps.

I saw on the internet the other day that if I ate a "Monster Burger" and an order of fries at Hardee's/Carl's Jr. , it would have over 2,000 calories and I'd have to walk for four hours to burn it off. Or wash cars or something. Whatever! I am way too lazy to eat meat.

No big plans this weekend. Going to get my eyebrows waxed. They are out of control. Going to try to work on the house some more, try to get things in order before the Pastor comes home and we leave for our long drive across country with three small children.

No comments: