6.15.2005

I'm back, and with minty-fresh breath!

I'm back. The Pastor's not.

I flat-ironed my hair again in the Newark airport. Did I tell you on the way to England I had flat-ironed my hair in the Newark airport? Some people might complain about long lay-overs, but I say they are good for practicing time-consuming beauty rituals.

Uneventful, long trip on the way home. An English baby on the plane took "quite a shine" to me. Anyway, that's what his Mum told me. I was going to just take him home with me, and after the long plane ride I think his parents were amenable to this, but it's hard enough to get through Customs as-is.

Nate picked me up at the airport. After a few "I missed you's" and "I love you so much's", he quickly moved on to "what did you buy me?"

And once I got home, I found the gum I bought to chew on the plane.

When I woke up this morning, I kid you not, I had no idea where I was. I did not even recognize the sound of my own alarm. I was thinking what in the world is that unrecognizable noise?

More later. I have some trip related blog entries I haven't posted yet. Must catch up!

I am suffering from jet-lag, PMS, a massive headache and post-trip depression. I started reading a book yesterday on the black death, the great plague that gripped England in the mid 1300's. Not a very uplifting book. Had to finally put it away and deep-conditioned my hair instead!

No comments: