6.27.2005

Disney Boycott

Oh my. What a weekend.

I DID get my eyebrows waxed. You know why? Because I am the type of girl who does what she says she is going to do!!!

Mom... are you a virgin?
In addition to many fun conversations I got to have this weekend, I got to have "the talk" with my son and explain what sex is.

It all started when he asked me what a virgin is. I told him a virgin is someone who has not had sex, then he asked me what sex is. Then he asked me if I am a virgin.

Before I said anything to Nate, I paused and thought back to how I first learned about sex. My chocolate-loving-friend (CLF) told me when we were hanging around the school playground before the start of 5th grade. So, I was glad for the opportunity to be a parent who openly and honestly talks to their kid.

So we had a nice little biology lesson. I was going to draw him a picture, of the female reproductive system, but he was afraid someone might see our picture (oh, by the way, we were in a restaurant) so I told him to think of Mickey Mouse. OK, I panicked! Mickey Mouse was the first thing that came to mind! I explained Mickey's head was like the Uterus and his ears were like the ovaries... (wouldn't you have liked to have been seated next to us???). I managed to mortify my child with sex education and I'm pretty sure he will never look at Mickey Mouse the same, nor will we be able to go back to Bahama Breeze.

No comments: