5.01.2007

shop til you drop

The Pastor did his penance today.

I figure it must have been penance for some sin.

He went to the mall with me.

We were close to the mall and I needed makeup (compact broke). The Pastor suggested I show him some ideas for my birthday presentssssssssssssssss. (He is NOT going to think all those s's are funny.)

Me: walking through department store, exclaiming "Oh, I just love "

Pastor: pulling out cell phone, cutting me off, "I have to call blah blah blah."

Me: "Oh, I just love "

Pastor: cutting me off again, "blah blah blah."

Pastor, stopping: "OH, I see what you're doing. You are giving me the hints."

Me: "Well, I'm trying to."

******

Me: in department store, pointing at vintage-looking Rice Krispie dishes
"Oh, I really like these!"

Pastor: "I am NOT buying you those."

******

Me: in Coach store
"I like this bag, but I think it may look too hoochie."
"I like this bag, but it has brown on it. I don't care for brown."

(I really don't care for ANYTHING brown. I'm like an autistic child that way.)

******

He has now figured out to not give me presents early. I don't like it, much like the color brown. Plus now he has figured out by not giving me the presents he can hold them over my head much like a parent threatening a child with a Santa-no-show around Christmas.

So I'm going to be a very good girl for the next few days.

1 comment:

Kyndal said...

I got the vintage Rice Krispies/Frosted Flake dishes!!!