4.23.2007

rats, snakes and swans

We are having family portraits made in about a week. Today, I went to J Crew and chose a lovely skirt and tank to wear. After I went to the mall, the Pastor asked me to meet him at his favorite store - Goodwill. I obliged and happily shopped along with him. As we were at the counter checking out, another shopper came up and reported a giant rat sighting. The worst part about this was that the clerk was not at all alarmed. Apparently, the rat is a regular. I can assure you there were no rat sightings at J Crew. Rats don't like the preppy look.

At approximately 1:39 a.m. CST the Pastor completed his important scholarly work. This was no doubt made possible by the fact that I made no demands on him for our anniversary, which was coincidentally the day of his deadline.

In case you were wondering what I got and didn't get for our anniversary -

my anniversary night dream
Sometime between when I went to bed last night while the Pastor was still working on his important scholarly stuff and 1:39 a.m., I had a snake nightmare. It was one snake with a giant eye. The first part of the dream, the snake slithered out and I tried to kill it. The second part, the snake was in bed with Nate, and me being a good mommy, I rolled him off the bed and tried to kill it. The third part of the dream, I tried to kill the snake and I somehow knew to try to strike the snake with my knife as close to the top of the head as I could - because if I went for the tail it could still strike me. So, in my dream I had common sense. At the end of the dream the snake struck me and that's when I woke up.

Now, according the my favorite on-line dream dictionary -
Snake:
To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

Oh, and the Pastor got me the swan necklace from Swarovski.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! Cool present!

Weird dream though. I only dream about work and past boyfriends!

Dan and Libby said...

I say you just can't wait for the next Harry Potter.