9.13.2005

forget loaves and fish, there were cookies

Sunday morning worship experience:
I am trying to figure out for the life of me how this is church.
1. We are outside.
2. There are about eight kids. At least one is in a diaper. Parents just drop them off! There's about the same number of adults as there are children. Believe me, we need this high of an adult-to-child ratio.
3. The only white kid belongs to me and the Pastor.
4. I have on black heels, black skirt, pink satin cami. I really didn't need another satin cami top, but they are so cute and it was cheap ($7). But I digress.
5. They are playing water balloons.

Sunday night worship experience:
1. Indoors.
2. Starbucks coffee AND cookies. Cookies!
3. Candles.
4. A table where you can make an art project.
5. Music! There's a band! Drums!
6. I am sitting in a booth. Yes, there are restaurant style booths in the church service. No one has come by to take my order though.

Change of subject. My honors student.
We walk into church. Carl is standing there. Nathan, you remember Carl, don't you? Nathan looks up at Carl and says "It's Patrick, isn't it?" Carl looks down at Nathan and says dude!!! she JUST told you my name is Carl!!!

No comments: