8.27.2005

Vogue vs. Bible

greetings from the Party Barge
We are at the Lake. I just finished figuring out how to work the coffee
pot. Yes, I brought my own Starbucks Espresso Roast. Praise God from
whom all blessings flow, and praise the appliance from which the coffee
flows.

We took the boat out late yesterday afternoon. Good times. It rained
all last night, but hopefully we will be able to get back out today.

Vogue vs. Bible
The new fall Vogue is out. It's over 800 pages!!! And Sarah Jessica
Parker is on the cover!!! Last year, when I got the fall issue, I went
to Starbucks, got a giant iced coffee and went and sat in a pedicure
chair for a considerable amount of time looking at the pretty pictures.
This year, the fall Vogue is at the lake with me and my self-brewed
Starbucks in this very ugly coffee mug. The Pastor asked me if I felt
bad that all that magazine paper was used and it'll go in the trash. I
said nuh-uh. I still have last year's! And besides, I told him, how
many Bibles do you have? If it is ok for you to have ten Bibles then it
should be ok for me to have a couple of Vogues.

I also got an Us magazine and devoured it as soon as we got in the car
and started the drive to the lake. I am so hungry for news... yes I
consider Us magazine news. I still don't have true internet access,
just what's available on my T-Mobile Sidekick. I go up to the Pastor's
office when I want to use a real computer. But alas, that is a blog
entry for another day. Sigh. Oh, and by the way, we DO have computers
at home, they are just not set up, plugged in or connected to the
internet.

And it is Sarah Jessica Parker, NOT Camilla Parker Bowles, on the
cover. I've had to explain this to the Pastor at least six times. Big
dif.