8.13.2005

bask weg von hussy

Welcome to Robyn's world. Home of the world's largest zit. How is that
possible? This is SO not fair. I mean it's not like I'm twelve and
I've worried myself into a frenzy if the other kids in 7th grade are
going to like me.

Last night was transition night for some of these kids. Meaning they
were at their other parent's house and then came over here.
De-programming can be challenging.

Dinner time seems to be an endless source of frustration for me.
Younger daughter has been nick-named "spring-bottom" at the dinner table
due to her inability to sit on her own bottom during dinner. We work
and work and work on table manners, and they come home after eating off
of trays in front of the t.v. for a solid week and it is clearly evident
that no one besides me and the Pastor cares if kids eat sitting on their
knees and chew with their mouths open and talk with their mouths full.
Sigh.

I temped again yesterday!!!! So I made over one hundred dollars this
week. Plus I think it made me appreciate NOT working so much I will do
whatever the Pastor tells me... even if that means staying away from the
VN Nails and Target and Starbucks and and and... It did feel good to be
a mindless robot and just do a job with virtually no reponsibility. I
answered the phone and I did data entry. And the very best thing about
temping is that NO ONE tries to engage you in conversation. You are a
non-person in the office and there is no pressure to form any sort of
relationships with people.

We went to eat at a German restaurant today. This hussy was totally
moving in on my man.
And I have the pictures to prove it.

Its been an exciting Saturday for us. We went to an estate sale and I
bought a whole bunch of chunky chockers and necklaces that formerly
belonged to an old lady who no longer needs them because she is dead.
Scarves for ten cents. Then we went to the Goodwil store because all
the clothes were 50% off. One of my finds was a brand new skirt from
The Limited that was a buck. It had been $48!!!

I have odd tastes in clothes and stuff... if it is appropriate for a 12
year old, or used to belong to an 80 year old woman, then I am all over
it.

School starts this week. Sometimes I say things to the Pastor and he
forgets what I've said. But he SURE DOES remember that I said I
couldn't be one of those mommies who just roll out of bed to take the
kiddos to school. He was reminding me of this yesterday as I was
getting dressed for my temp job and was rushing to be out the door by
8:35 a.m. Must develop plan of action to get myself and small children
around in the mornings. And I don't even have my first day of school
outfit picked out yet.

I have never dealt well with trauma in the mornings. First of all, I
like it quiet and dark. People should act as though they are at a
library. Not how people act in the library today, but how people
whispered 20 years ago. I also don't deal well with wet hair or
clothing dramas. Nate and I have always been pretty good about laying
out our clothes in our "outfit center". It should be interesting to get
two additional people - girls - around in the morning.

There's still some Saturday left. I'm off to the mall.

1 comment:

Apostle John said...

As a night owl, I don't do well with mornings either. I never use an alarm clock except on Sundays, but it is only a back up. I feel that if you don't wake up natually, then you haven't gotten enough sleep.

Of course, this lifestyle got easier to embrace as soon as the last child goes to college.