7.12.2009

survival of the fittest

Pastor - the mini-sermon you gave this morning to me - the matter-of-fact one about how women are genetically pre-disposed after millions of years to have fat arses, perhaps not your best. I'm just saying! Your audience, me, (the one of the two of us who works out for at least an hour every day and writes down every morsel of food she eats) may have missed your point.

Is that the true curse of Eve? Not that women will feel pain in childbirth (because I've been there/done that and there wasn't any pain, just really good drugs followed by an instant weight loss) but that she will toil for hours on the treadmill to no avail?

I may be genetically predisposed, but I am wildly optimistic and dedicated, perhaps even a bit psychotic. Even with millions of years working against me, all my hard work may pay off. And after millions of years, men still say the absolute dumbest things. This is why God invented flowers. And jewelry. You know where to find me, I'll be on the treadmill.

I'm looking forward to your next pearls of wisdom. I'm such an optimistic person, I'm hoping for something from Proverbs 31:10-12. Or even better, Song of Solomon 1:2. No one ever preaches on that.

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was talking about hips - maternal hip sizes - for the function of child-birthing. "Fat" and "arse" are not words in my vocabulary! Love you babe!

Robyn said...

Ha. You didn't say the word "hips" once. :) Love you too.

la aventurista said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog and found it very interesting since I'm seriously dating a pastor-to-be! :)

Dan and Libby said...

Wow. Genetics courses for PhD people? What about my small chest? Any genetics at work there? ;)