5.25.2006

pucker up

My throat hurts.

So last night, when we went to Red Robin for older daughter's b-day, I ordered a Speckled Lemonade, which is a fancy strawberry lemonade.

This particular beverage costs $4. Yes, I am aware that is a great deal of money for a drink, particularly since
1. this drink does not contain alcohol
2. this is not at Starbuck's, where everyone knows it is perfectly acceptable to pay upwards of $4 for a lovely coffee beverage and enjoy it with a $1.50 donut

Anywho, you get UNLIMITED REFILLS on this drink. The Pastor starts guzzling down my lemonade, taking drinks at every opportune moment. Did he want lemonade? NOOOOOOOO, because if he did he would have ordered some, wouldn't he have? Does he even have strong feelings of love for lemonade? No! The bottom line is that if the Pastor is going to pay for a $4 drink, we are going to drink as much of it as humanly possibly, even if our lips pucker and our tummys and bladders are full, including asking for a to-go cup of it on our way out the door.

On the way home, I finally asked the Pastor to stop drinking my drink. I said "do you EVEN want that"? Because I DO. So I would like for you to stop worrying about my $4 drink and let me enjoy my lemonade.

Oh, and by the way - this restaurant is a fancy burger joint and every single one of the kids ordered pizza. But that's a whole other blog entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your email is totally not working!!!!!!!!! hello from the beach. i just got beaten by 7 points in putt putt. earlier i got bitten to death by black flies, making the beach less pleasant than usual. but saw the wild ponies. xo! CLF