3.29.2006

Othello Kitty

I recently read "Othello" for lit class. Well, I was supposed to read Othello. Anyway, I know what happens in the story, and I couldn't understand why someone would take a fabulous brooch and gouge their eyes out with it. What's up with that?

Then I took younger daughter shopping.

First, I asked her where she wanted to go shopping. She said Target. Yippee for Target! That's one of my favorite places, and they have a Starbucks on-site. So we get to Target, at which time she informs me she doesn't like Target. What the??? OK, we'll try to get past that part.

When we were looking at the clothes, she informed me I was selecting items not in her size. I was getting the XL, 16/18 for her, and she was insisting she was a size 10/12. I was thinking you and I BOTH wish we were a size 10 in the little girls department, buy sadly only my bra size would qualify. It's amazing how size denial starts at such a young age.

I have taken Loretta shoe-shopping several times, and it is always painful. There is no pair of shoes she will admit to being comfortable. Not one! She claims that absolutely nothing fits her properly and complains of every single pair. I was finally like, honey, I have got your Daddy's charge card, and I'm willing to buy you stuff. So get with the program!

She hasn't mastered the two most important aspect of shoe shopping:
1. SIZE DOESN'T MATTER. It's not how they feel, it's how they look! I twisted my ankle weeks ago. It still hurts, do you think I am wearing unattractive/un-cute shoes? No!
2. Somebody's willing to buy you some shoes, pick a pair! Or two or three!

I remember my Daddy taking me shopping at Street's department store. Not only was I more than happy to allow him to buy me say, a dress, I'd try to manipulate it into TWO dresses and shoes and a purse. And probably a nice lunch.

We did manage to make it out of the store with a pair of Hello Kitty gauchos (which are more like regular pants to Ms. Petite Thang), a matching Hello Kitty tee, a pair of flip flops, and without any major self-inflicted eye injuries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best blog title EVER