11.02.2005

I'm mean and fat, but I got chills and an I-Pod

The very sweet Pastor bought me an I-Pod. He downloaded the "Grease" soundtrack on it, which is special because he had that "You're the One That I Want" song played when we had the big kiss at our wedding. You know, I got chills... they're multiplying... and I'm looooos-ing control... by the power you're supplying... it's electryfying-fyingifying. He is such a nice guy.

I'm nice too. The other day I bought him a bubble tea. Not much compared to an I-Pod, but hey... I'm trying to stay on budget here! The present I'm working on for him is a one-page credit card statement.

The Pastor and I were laying in bed. The Pastor reading bible stuff, and me clicking through my I-Pod in a rapid, ADHD fashion. I wanted to know all the songs the Pastor had downloaded. So the very first thing I did with my I-Pod was drive the Pastor crazy with my clicking and he
made me stop.

The other day I was picking up around the house and had put on a pair of sweatpants hanging up in the Pastor's closet. I. was. mortified. (I bet you are mortified just to learn that I wear sweatpants, even if it was in the privacy of my own home with no one else around.) I could not
believe that my husband's pants were tight on me. I thought "I HAVE to take these pants off before the Pastor comes home so he doesn't realize what a GIANT FATTIE I am". So I finally take off the pants, peel them off of my fat self, and thank the dear Lord, that's when I found out
they actually belong to one of the children.

What the Pastor said:
You should not post stuff on your blog about being fat. People won't appreciate it.

What I heard:
You. fat.

"American Boy" was a successful Halloween costume. The other day I painted Nate's pants with the American Boy logo. I told Nate I had just painted his pants, and let's lay them on his bed, shall we? Then they will be out of the way when daughter 1 and daughter 2 come home from school and nothing can happen to them. IF you go into your room, IF, please be mindful of the pants.

So the gifted and talented one immediately goes into his room, and sits down on the wet paint.

Nathan drew a picture of me. He called it "Mean Robyn". He drew me wearing a green shirt, and he said he did that because green is the color of my "bossy beyond belief" shirt. I put the picture on the fridge. I figure the daughters will like it.

1 comment:

Ciona said...

Ummm . . . I hope you're joking about being "fat" because it's such an inaccurate phrase to describe you when I look at your photographs.

Just for kicks, though . . . google Kerry McCloskey's The Ultimate Sex Diet. Really if you have to lose weight . . . at least you won't lose your purse, too.

Fun blog. As a PK, I can appreciate the joys and pains of pastoral families.