11.06.2005

I KNOW why the caged bird sings

It's 2 a.m. and I cannot sleep. I just got done watching the Pastor's
first wedding video. What a production! Complete with voice-overs and
birds in cages. The closest I came to birds at my first wedding was the
chicken served at the rehearsal dinner the night before and Mom saying
"Robyn would you please just eat the chicken and not make a big deal
over it just this once". Nope, I didn't eat the chicken.

I was a little disappointed in the Pastor's first bride. She had a
cut-out in the upper-back of her wedding dress that did allow for a
small patch of skin to show. It was probably four square inches of
skin. Gasp! With THAT kind of attitude about showing skin, she must
have made a great Nazarene pastor's wife. (Well, that is up until such
time when she ran off with the mail-man.) Let's just say that my
strapless collar-bone shoulder showing wedding gown showed a bit more
skin and must have been quite the shock to the Nazarene in-laws meeting
me for the first time. Of course I only emphasized all that skin with
all the body glitter.

In the video, the Pastor looked so young and happy and hopeful and
optimistic and and and.... Second marriages are so much sweeter than the
first. On second marriages you get someone after all of this has been
completely shattered, and they are bitter, jaded and cynical. So if you
do the slightest thing like take out the trash change the toilet paper
roll rinse a dish make a sandwich bathe get a sock within three feet of
the hamper agree to live with their children the other person thinks WOW
you are like the nicest sweetest person EVER. How did I get to be so
lucky? People have way lower standards the 2nd time around.

I still have my first wedding video too. I'm not sure why either of us
still possess such things except they are fun to watch on mute while
providing a much different commentary and you figure someone shelled out
tens of thousands of dollars for the full Mass and the birds and cherubs
and all, SOMEBODY should watch this.

Have I ever blogged about the fact that the Pastor's former wife and I
have almost the same name? My name is Robyn Renee (insert last name
here that begins with the letter R) and the Pastor's first bride's name
is R... Renee (insert the same last name as me right here).

When the Pastor and I first met, I still had another last name. I told
him hey, by the way my name is getting ready to be x and he was like NO
WAY. That is too weird and we will never be able to converse again. So
he married me.

I think the birds were singing no! don't! stop! run! there's a beautiful
single girl not but a few blocks away from here and you really don't
want to have to wait 11 hellish years to meet her in divorce recovery
group, not get her phone number and have to run into her at Wal-Mart and
be friends with her for months before you conjure up the nerve to kiss
her. You got it real close....you almost got the right name. But ROBYN
is actually the RRR you are supposed to be with. Besides, she shows a
lot more skin and is a friend to birds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»