5.18.2009

I'm a doctor, not a movie watcher!

Yep, I'm still going to movies.

I've pretty much given up on the Pastor though. He's about the worst person in the world to go to the movies with. First and foremost, if he can't fast forward through the thing at 4x speed, he's not interested.

In the eight months before I started dating the Pastor, I saw more than 30 movies. In the four months after I started dating the Pastor, I saw two. Besides, we have much different tastes in movies. Various movie dates with him have included Hotel Rwanda and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

I went to see Star Trek this weekend.

I've never been a big fan of the whole it's-the-future-so-let's-all-wear-the-same-thing, but this movie may have converted me. Red minidress! Yes please! Knee high boots! Dangling earrings! And the Starfleet brooch! You've got to love a future existence where you can be beamed from planet to planet and you still get to wear accessories.

I really liked the movie, although I must admit I had to think pretty hard about some things. Me trying to figure out sci-fi? That's up there on the same level as me trying to interpret the Old Testament. There are some things best left to the experts.

And the rest of us can go to the movies.

No comments: