5.30.2008

robyn reviews stuff for your convenience

Robyn's fabulous movie reviews

Since I started hanging around the Pastor some four years ago, I've drastically decreased my movie viewing. But over the course of the past week, I've managed to see three movies: What Happens in Vegas, Made of Honor and Sex and the City.

All good. I would be unable to pick a favorite between Made of Honor and Sex and the City - I'm a die-hard SATC fan, but Patrick Dempsey without his shirt on? SATC vs. Patrick Dempsey? Wouldn't it be nice if they made one more film that combined the two and I didn't have to pick? Kind of like a cinematic Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?

There was one odd moment at the beginning of SATC where this old man sat next to me and was convinced I was sitting where his wife had been sitting and that I hadn't been sitting in that same chair for twenty minutes eating most of my popcorn before the movie even started. But I won't hold that against my SATC review because I'm pretty sure no one connected with the film had anything to do with that guy.

What was up with SATC? The microphone - what's that thing called? The boom? Was in a ton of the shots. Very distracting. I enjoyed the movie, but movies are expensive and don't even get me started on the popcorn. I kept telling myself "just ignore it" and "pretend its not there." Call me old fashioned, but I figure if I'm going to pay that much, the movie should at least be edited. If I could find someone to give me my money back based on having to look at the mic, I would.

I was all smug about the cute little outfit I wore to the movies. Dark blue skinny denim crops, pink strapless sparkly Express top, silver snakeskin heels. Smug until I got undressed at 10:00 p.m. and realized the shirt I had been wearing to many places all day still had the size sticker on the front. How did this escape me? The only thing I can figure, based on the stickers placement, is that the sticker was shielded from my view by my enormous breasts.

Robyn's book review

Yes, I read. Rather, I look at cookbooks with pictures and recipes.

I recently got "Eat This Not That." I'm not sure what's wrong with me. Maybe my body is craving some nutrients I'm missing with my vegetarian ways. This book doesn't make me want to eat healthy things. When I see the pictures of Outback Cheese Fries or KFC, I want to make bad choices. Plus I learned my favorite dessert at Chili's (Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie!!!) is like eating three Big Macs. I haven't been to Chili's in a long time, but after seeing/reading that in my book, I nearly went to Chili's.

Another book I have recently obtained is the "Hungry Girl" book. So far, not so good. I've tried one recipe, and it didn't make me want to try more. it was a recipe for fudge using a brownie mix and a can of pumpkin. The recipe appealed to me because it had just a few ingredients and it is fudge. The tagline of the recipe said something about "yes we know its weird to make fudge out of a brownie mix." Uhhhhhh, no. Because fudge is chocolate and brownies are chocolate. Its weird to make fudge out of pumpkin. But hey, I was willing to give it a shot.

Turns out fudge made out of pumpkin mix turns out about how you'd think fudge made out of a brownie mix would turn out.

Yuck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it a blog like this can give the name of Christ and His Church a reputation that is far from the truth.

What does holiness mean in North America?

Reading just a few days of this blog has really made me feel sad for the sake of the Church.

Anonymous said...

wow what a comment! I love this blog there is nothing bad about it. Keep on blogging it is a nice blog!

Anonymous said...

This is extremely sad. Proverbs says that faithful are the wounds of a friend but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. I trust you gain some real friends that believe in a Holy God that is to be worshipped. Calling God a female is blasphemy and you should be embarrassed over all of the SATC garbage. What does that have to do with a new life in Christ?