1.06.2006

Tom Cruise, slugs, puppies, babies and an Incubus

The Pastor has been out of town. Witnessing, advancing the Kingdom of God. I've been at home, cleaning, shopping, taking bubble baths, polishing my toes, watching movies and reading Us magazine. You know, all the things that generally support the Pastor's calling and ministry.

The Pastor came home and snuck into our bed at 3 in the morning. Well, I was pretty sure it was him. Either him or an Incubus. The Pastor is a lovely surprise in the wee hours of the morning, however an Incubus is quiet and does not require me to be awake and alert.

more pillow talk
When the Pastor came home from his trip, he was blathering on and on about working and witnessing, blah blah blah mission work blah blah and when he finally took a breath, what did I have to interject into the conversation??? Huh??? "Did you hear Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are having a boy???"

Speaking of babies, I had a completely bizarre dream the other night. I had a baby. It was a girl. I was completely surprised by the fact that I had had a girl. She was teeny, teeny tiny and I had 1. no girl name picked out and 2. no girl clothing. But here's where the dream got kooky. I had the baby, but then it would be a puppy. It kept changing, I dunno? Morphing? From puppy to baby, baby to puppy. In one scene of the dream, I was wrapping the baby in a blanket, and the blanket had snaps all over it, and I was making sure the snaps were snapped so that none of them would bother the baby. Then when the baby was a puppy, I let the puppy out in the backyard, and there was a giant slug outside. I ran back inside the house to get salt to pour on the slug to kill it. I was worried the slug would hurt the puppy. In the end, I named the
baby after my chocolate-lovin' friend, but then it was a puppy again.

But I'm sure my friend would be equally flattered to have a baby OR a puppy named after her. I would take either a baby girl or a puppy. A puppy would love me unconditionally, but a daughter would tweeze unwanted facial hairs when I am living in the nursing home. I don't want to have to put Nate through that. He's been stripped of enough masculinity already.

I looked back on my journal from last Christmas. I had rated it as "not sucking". We JUST (January 5) finished our last Christmas celebration. I would have to rate this Christmas even better than last year. A lot has changed over the past year. For one thing, I live in a house that
actually has food in it. And not just food in the fridge, but also the freezer AND a deep freeze AND the pantry. And I live with people who have an expectation of not only eating the food, but that I will magically prepare it for them as well.

I digress. A big difference for celebrating Christmas was we celebrated with the Pastor's family on Christmas Eve. Flew home on Christmas day. I have never in my life NOT celebrated Christmas on Christmas day. That combined with Nate going over to his dad's as soon as we got home from Arizona and the girls leaving the next day made for a bit of a downer.

I got everything on my Christmas wish list except for Sex and the City DVD collection. Oh, and the E-Z Bake Oven continues to elude me. Oh, and a baby and a puppy.

No comments: