12.17.2005

Ho Ho No!

Sitting in the car. Waiting. It is snowing here. Big pretty flakes, but they melt as soon as they hit something.

I thought the Nutcracker was good. Just when you thought you had seen it all with the guys in white tights, the guy in flesh-colored tights came out. It was a bit like being at the ballet with Beavis and Butthead though, as you could hear the male snickers every time one of the guy dancers appeared on stage.

Three out of four people presently in our family (Nate is with his dad) are not feeling well. This is not a good thing as we are going to the aeropuerto Monday to fly on a big jet airplane. We are going to see the Pastor's parents for Christmas.

I have a lot of anxiety about traveling with the kids. We went on a big trip last summer. We hadn't been married for too long, no one was really used to each other, so we loaded everyone up in a big church van and drove across the United States. Who thought that was a good idea???

So I am nervous about the family traveling together, and I am nervous about being a good Nazarene wife/daughter-in-law. This will only be the third time I've seen my in-laws. The first time was the wedding, the second time was on our cross-country trek.

Mom is out of town and can't tell me what is proper. Perhaps I need some nice Nancy Nazarene to come over, be my personal Nancy Nazarene stylist, make me sign a "ho no more" pledge, and help me pack some suitable outfits.

5 comments:

A Girl said...

Anytime you want some Nazareney-ish tips, you just let me know. My grandfather was a Nazarene minister. So, I am the daughter of a former Naz PK. However, I am definitely NOT a Nancy Nazarene! I always had to watch what I was wearing, saying, doing, etc. Didn't want me to OFFEND anyone! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ummm, shouldn't that be, "Ho no mo?" ;)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Above was from CLF -- chocolate lovin' friend!

Anonymous said...

turtlenecks! turlenecks! turtlenecks!

Trish said...

You are cracking me up! This is my new favorite blog and I will be back VERY often! It's like a really, really good book that you just can't put down. Lovin' it!