12.27.2005

the dolls and teddy bears are watching you!

just to bring you up-to-speed -

1. I know, I know. When you saw the headline "Pastor's Wife Removed from Flight", you must've thought oh THAT'S why she hasn't posted to her blog. That was Joel Olsteen's wife. My Pastor doesn't have that much hair. I WAS forcibly removed from a flight, but it wasn't by the flight crew. It was by the Pastor when I realized the plane we were on was continuing to Cancun and I didn't want to get off.

2. I worried about what to pack, wear, how to act, how the kids would act blah blah blah on our trip to see the Pastor's parents. I thought I had thought through every worst-case scenario. But it turns out the only thing I should have been doing to prepare for the trip was building up my immunity. Because the Pastor got sick before we left, then he gave his cooties to me just in time for me to be the one to give it to my in-laws. Me! Every single person in our family, and the Pastor's parents, was sick on our trip. Every. single. person.

3. Younger daughter told the Pastor's parents that she (a.) doesn't like to read the bible and (b.) doesn't like to go to church. Boring!

4. OK, it WAS a really bad idea for me to tell younger daughter, who is afraid of clowns and people wearing animal costumes, that all of Grandma's dolls and teddy bears were watching her. Then I had to go into the bedroom where she was sleeping and remove all the dolls and bears who kept staring at her.

5. It's a good thing there's a lot lot lot of days left before Christmas, because I am definitely on the naughty list already. You think #4 was bad, trust me, I got so much worse than that.

6. My toenail polish is just like me. Blue, with a little sparkle on it. But mainly just blue.

7. Let's look on the bright side. The Pastor was married to someone more evil and less cute than me, and he stayed married to her for a long time. And she didn't have as many pairs of pretty panties, did she?

8. I got to go to a Forever 21 store.

9. I got two Hello Kitty Waffle makers, so I took one back and exchanged it for the Hello Kitty juice maker.

And maybe, just maybe, if I make fresh-squezzed orange juice and kitty-shaped waffles with warm vanilla syrup for breakfast, the Pastor will want to kiss and make up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been missing you! I was at Target the other day and I saw a Hello Kitty Juice Maker and I instantly thought of you. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Apostle John said...

I just love your blog!

Apostle John said...

By the way -- I listed you as one of my top five favorite blogs in a recent post on my blog -- of course, once you get there you'll see I cheated a bit on the counting.