10.20.2005

turn, turn from sin and sorrow...

If I was tech-talented I would put sound bites on this blog. My theme
music for today would be "I feel good" by James Brown. Or the song that
goes "climb, climb on sunshine mountain..." because the Pastor was
singing it the other day and it's been stuck in my head ever since.

I haven't felt this good in months. Perhaps the meds are finally
starting to kick in? Ha!

I took a cooking class tonight. Chocolate truffles! Who wouldn't feel
good after practically overdosing on chocolate?

Oh, I have been making great progress on my diet although I'm doing a
fairly good job blowing all of my progress in one evening. Once I
went to the truffle class it was all downhill.

Anyways, I am at the cooking class and the girl next to me starts
chatting during the break. She asked me if my name is Robyn (why, yes
it is!) and then says that she READS MY BLOG! Somebody pass me some
dark sunglasses, an oversized handbag, a small dog and a pair of manolos
because I am a celebrity baby! Or I have a stalker. Either way fine by
me.

The Pastor and I have had a great week. Could it be that there were no
children around?

Last week was very frustrating because we had a couple of dust-ups over
younger daughter. Twice when she was on the phone with her mom she
basically told her Mom that I was mean. Me, the wicked step mother! I
will not argue that I am strict. Much more strict than the Pastor. But
I do not wish to be insulted by a six year old in my own home! When
I've been busting my hump.

So I keep repeating this mantra that goes something like this "I know
they are just small children and they are not inherently evil they are
just trying to meet their needs the best way they know how". And I
count to ten. Thousand. And picture my happy place which
coincidentally does not include small children.

Not only am I having to learn how to interact with the step-daughters,
don't forget I have a new mariage too. One thing I have learned about
the Pastor is that he is perfectly content going to bed mad. Me, on the
other hand, not only do I NOT want to go to bed mad, but it makes me
even more mad that he wants to go to bed when I am mad. It took me a
while to realize that he doesn't go to bed mad, he just goes to bed.
And in the morning, he's not mad and whatever it was he has forgotten
all about it.

I guess maybe that's why he is the Pastor.

2 comments:

Apostle John said...

I've often wondered what will happen when the church members find your blog. Hmmm, come to think of it -- I wish some of my church members would find mine and discover what I REALLY THINK OF THEM!!!!

Matthew Francis said...

Ah, no worried there. Nazarenes have a tremendous and quirky appetite for humour. But, whoa, those Presbyterians - watch out Reverend!