10.29.2005

let them eat cake

I married the Pastor and today the Pastor is officiating at a wedding which is good because there is cake and I like cake. And at a wedding there is usually a controlled amount of cake which means I can't eat too much. (But believe me there are WAYS of scoring more than the one
standard dainty sliver of wedding cake.)

A couple of months ago I went to a wedding and THERE WAS NO CAKE. Imagine my disappointment. I mean, what is the point in going to a wedding if there IS NO CAKE? This particular wedding was also at the start of the wedding season, so I was dismayed at the prospect that this might be some sort of new, sick wedding trend. Thankfully that did not
appear to be the case.

Nate and I went to a Halloween carnival last night at the Catholic church/school. Ahhh, the Catholic church/school where there is an abundance of girls name Mary, Elizabeth and Catherine and pregnant woman everywhere about to give birth to more Mary's, Elizabeth's, Catherine's and perhaps even some Mary Catherine's.

The Catholic carnival was great because they were very in-your-face with the fact that they were having a Halloween carnival, thank you very much, and not some stinkin' fall festival. And when Nate played a game, he didn't just win a piece of candy, but a whole handful. I had to send
the bag of goodies with Nate to his dad's house so I wouldn't be tempted beyond what I can bear.

Let Mr. Gifted and Talented eat the 25 delicious bite-size Butterfinger Crisps.

No comments: