10.02.2005

hail Mary, full of grace

I can totally see how the Pastor would make an excellent missionary. I'm thinking he would especially make an excellent missionary for some 3rd world country with a bunch of starving people. Because since I started dating the Pastor a year ago, I have managed to pack on 15 pounds. He makes sure I am well-fed. I think if we went on some sort of missionary trip and if he was able to use his influence to do this for all the starving people, the world would be a better place.

Caffeine addiction? Think I've got that one cured. According the the research I performed on Google today, withdrawal symptoms last between 2 - 9 days. I'm over the hump! Now I am going to try to work on my addiction to mexican food. We eat mexican food all the time. There is nothing on Google on how to cure your addiction to tortilla chips and cheese enchiladas.

So I am on a diet. Nothing complex, just going to try to eat healthier and I am exercising in order to try to shed some of the pounds I've packed on. Now before anyone e-mails me to tell me that I look all thin on the blog and I don't need to be on a diet, just remember you haven't seen any pictures of my arse (even though we've already established I do have a tendency to show some skin). Fifteen pounds in one year is not healthy. If I kept up at that rate, in a few years I would weigh . . . nevermind.

I have been thinking about my grandparents a lot lately. All of them are dead and I miss them. I have specific memories of baking with my Grandma Lanier - an angel food cake and rice krispie treats, and so she came to mind the other day when I baked an angel food cake. It's actually pretty funny that I have memories of baking with Grandma, because from what I now understand 1. she didn't cook very often and 2. when she did it was disastrous.

I am living just a couple of blocks away from where my Grandma Lanier and Grandpa Ed lived. Sometimes when I am out walking around, trying to walk my arse off, I purposely walk by their house. I think if they were still alive I could stop and visit, take food over, bring them over to my house. Of course, then they would probably just drive me crazy.

Today when I was walking by I noticed that a mexican family is living in their old house. Now my Grandpa Ed was about the most prejudiced person I've ever known, he just didn't know any better. (Every year he'd ask me what I wanted for Christmas, I'd tell him I wanted a baby doll. He'd respond with "I'm going to get you a n*&$($ baby!!!" and then he'd just laugh manically.) Anywho, I wonder what Grandpa would think now if he knew that a "g.d. mexican family" is living in his old house, and that there is a giant statue of Mary, Mother of Jesus right there in the front yard.

When I got married the first time (I love the fact that I've been married so many times I get to count them), my Grandma was overheard saying "I can't believe she is marrying a g.d. catholic!" If Grandma were still alive, she could express her disdain at me being married to a g.d. Nazarene and being a g.d. Nazarene pastor's wife. She could tell me all her stories about what it was like to be a rebellious red-headed Methodist woman in a Nazarene town. And let's not even think about what Grandpa would say about my new chocolate daughter.

And maybe now that I'm all grown up, Grandma and I could actually make a Devil's Food cake.

2 comments:

Apostle John said...

Wait a minute -- are you telling me you've been posting someone else's photos on this blog? Don't tell me you are on a diet!!!! No way you need to lose weight.

Delia Christina said...

truly. no need for weight loss. though being active is good. i've been doing yoga and jeebus that's hard. it'll keep you lean.

as for the chocolate daughter...i've been dying to tell you that when i first saw a picture of her i almost choked. i looked *exactly* like her when i was a kid!

you have a cute and marvelous family.