1.12.2008

Jacob wrestled with God and got a new name (Genesis 32)

I wrestled with my tote bag and pulled a muscle. I didn't even really wrestle with it. It was more like I bent over to pick it up.

It only hurts when I turn my neck in any direction. Like when I'm sightseeing.

We went to the Jabbok River today and saw some ancient ruins (big, old rocks). I also got a cappucino at Dunkin Donuts - that is, it had all Dunkin Donuts stuff, except its called Donut Palace or something like that. In the place where Jacob wrestled by the river, I'm not sure why they would have issues with dunkin.

3 comments:

Larry said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Are you guys going to Petra? That is one of the most incredible spots in Jordan.

Wait to you get to Israel- they have hamburger places called MacDavids! I'm serious.

Lala said...

Hi Robyn!!! OUCH... can you get one of htose heat patches anywhere??? That might help your neck!!!

Enjoy the trip... can't wait to see pics

Travel safely!!!

Lala :o)

Going Comomdo said...

You are an absolute freaking HOOT. I just read about 100 of your blog posts and I giggled myself silly! I grew up Nazarene (not one now) but you . . .
1. Do not look like a Naz pastor's wife
2. Do not sound like a Naz pastor's wife, so, therefore . . .
3. You must not THINK like a Naz pastor's wife, and that pleases me immensely. Talk about a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the giggle.

Hee.