6.08.2006

maybe baby

I have never ruled out the possibility of having more children. However, lately I’ve really been thinking I am done. When the Pastor and I talk about it, I’m more and more leaning towards not having any more and just allowing the ones we already have to annoy us.

but…
until…

I think I found a reason, a thing that makes me want to jump to the other side of the fence.

Mannies.

(male + nannies)

I think I should have a baby so I can hire a Manny.

Why a Manny is perfect for me:
1. The Pastor would love it because having another male around the house would give him a break from being one of the men who has to give me constant adoration.
2. It would irritate his former spouse, knowing that her children are in part being cared for by a Manny.
3. I saw a quote from Sarah Jessica Parker about how Mannies are cool, so what more reason do I need?

Sounds like a great thought process behind bringing another child into the world.

Speaking of children:
My niece, Kat, is in town. Kat is rare – one of the few children who exist in the world who are not biologically mine and do not annoy me. I love her dearly, even though she is only 11 and already has bigger breasts than I do. She made the observation the other day that I must really like having step-daughters because now I finally have some daughters and I’m so good with girls.

Fast forward a few hours later, which I am caring for said step-daughters. I am fixing Loretta’s hair. BEFORE I AM EVEN DONE PULLING IT BACK IN THE CLIPPY, she tells me it is UGLY. No “thank you”, just the impolite comment. And I’m not even finished! So I took the clippy out of the hair, and told the Pastor I’m sorry, but Loretta will be going sans hairstyle today, because she has temporarily lost the privilege of me fixing her hair. Since I was doing such a bad job, I’m sure she didn’t mind.

Speaking of children:
The Pastor is gone. The kids are gone. I am all by myself, just like the bad 80’s pop song says. There is no one at my house to watch Disney’s “High School Musical”, or as we refer to it “the greatest movie ever made.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember that the snarkiness about hair, etc., is sometimes just a girl thing. I have my own little Fairy Princess. She just got back from spending a week with my brother and his family. Within 4 hours of being home, she told me that she liked it better at THEIR house, and Aunt "Sweetie" was MUCH nicer than me, and she wanted to go back! Hmmm :-). Sometimes you just can't take it personally. I laughed it off at the time, and by the next morning my darling FP actually APOLOGIZED to me, of her own accord, and said she really didn't mean any of it. Wow.

Now, I know I don't have the stepmom thing happening. That's got to make it harder. Hang in there, though. I keep telling my kids my goal is to earn the title of Meanest Mom on the Planet. That's always good for a laugh and makes 'em realize they've gone swimming in the Sea of Drama. :-)