4.26.2005

the first taste is with your eyes

Genius Coffee Pot
Apparently there are some genius coffee pot makers at the Kitchen Gourmet company . They made this wickedly cool coffee pot with a timer on it. You put the Starbucks coffee in it at night...and in the morning....voila'.... you have coffee. It is the loveliest thing. I figure we are only one level of technology away from having a robot house boy that will actually bring me the coffee.

Since I married a man of God, miraculous things have happened:
1. I have made my own coffee two mornings in a row. Thanks to genius coffee maker. I expect Starbucks will be calling me any minute to check on my well-being.
2. I made dinner one night in a row.
3. People ate the dinner.
4. People said the dinner was good.
5. Nobody got food-poisoned.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, but I even made people take pictures of the dinner. Photographic evidence. Not only did I make the food, but it was a lovely presentation...you know, because the first taste is with your eyes.

I won't belabor about how I was a bride. But I was. And I was quite pretty. And sparkly. And our wedding was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I really like watching the Pastor get his sermons ready. He has a book and a bible. He flips through the book. He puts the book down. He flips through the bible. I don't think he can be actually looking at any of the words on the pages of either of the books, because he is flipping too fast. Unless maybe he is some sort of genius speed reader, which he might be because he does have a lot of hidden talents (like bowling). Anywho, then I say to him, is your sermon ready? And he says ""ehhhh"...."I pretty much know what I'm going to say". Sometimes he writes little notes on random pieces of paper and sticks them in the bible. So I worry about the sermon (like I have to stand up and give it!) because stuff is going on in his head which I can't see and I wonder if his sermon is ready.

Then on Sunday, he stand up and gives the most amazing sermon. It's really cool. And then I tell him "your sermon was good". And he says "eh...I wasn't happy with it". But he should be.

1 comment:

Fej said...

Well congratulations on the wedding! I'm glad to hear it all turned out well.