4.12.2005

Blog entry which formerly contained several curse words but was then edited because I am going to be proper pastor's wife and must clean up act.

Exactly one post dedicated to dreamwedding2005, as there has GOT to be about a bazillion wedding related blogs out there...

I must be stressing out about the wedding more than I want to admit. I had a dream this past weekend. It was dreamwedding2005 and I walked into the chapel (except it really didn't look like the chapel where we are getting married). Mom was there. I asked Mom where my bouquet was. She said it's right here, and had one of those giant rubbermaid plastic containers next to her. The container had a blue lid (must provide all trivial details as I don't know what's important to dream interpretation people!). Mom gave me my bouquet. It had cream-colored roses in it, but -gasp- no gerbera daisies. It was really dinky looking. I got my small child's boutonniere (it was ok) and pinned it on the kiddo. Kid-terrific and I walked down the aisle. When I got to the end of the aisle, to the altar, it wasn't so much the chapel anymore as it was more like a hotel lobby. There was a guy standing behind a podium, like when you go into a restaurant and ask for a table. The Pastor (the one I'm going to marry) wasn't anywhere around. So I stood there for a moment, tapping my foot. People, strangers, were walking by. This one lady with a dark-headed little girl walked by. The mommy said to the little girl "Oh look at the bride! You can go say hi to the bride!" And at that, I had this thought in my dream. I didn't say it out loud, but this is what I was thinking in my dream (isn't that weird that I could have a thought in my dream but not say it?) Anyway, here was my thought in the dream:

Perpetuate the myth lady...perpetuate the myth.

That's the whole dream.

I am sitting here flipping through a cookbook. Prior to marrying the Pastor, I have cooked a handful of times for him: enchiladas, nachos, fettuccine, meatloaf patties, rotisserie chicken & rice-a-roni. Oh and grilled cheese and soup. So I've cooked like half-a-dozen times in 8 months. That is less than one meal per month. Yet marriage will no doubt have an instantaneous domestic effect on me, causing me to cook meals.

I have completely gotten past any sort of feelings I had that it is WRONG for someone to wear a white wedding dress for the 2nd go-round. I said from the very beginning I AM WEARING WHITE. I did not wear white before. At first I was just going to wear my hair up. Then I got a tiara so it changed to hair up with tiara. Then yesterday, I joyfully bought a veil. I cannot express to you how much fun it was to buy a veil. It was TOTAL fun. So now I have up-do, tiara AND veil going on. Mom, who is all about social etiquette, seems to have gotten on-board with the whole who-cares-that-she-has-been-married-before-and-is-wearing-a-white-dress-tiara-and-veil.

OMG. Just saw date and realized I will become Mrs. Pastor Poodle Hater in 10 days.

My bottom has grown to sizeable proportions. A couple of thoughts on that:
1. Of all the times Mom could have made the beloved oatmeal cookies, she's chosen now. Evil cookie making woman!
2. He loves me! He really, really loves me! This is the fatest I've been the whole time we've dated, and he STILL gave me the ring!
3. Let's just hope the Pastor likes a little cushion.

No comments: