4.28.2005

butter me up like a greasy rotisserie chicken

actual quote from Pastor:
"She's a great cook . . . she may spoil me..."

Whatever!
I have cooked one night!
He's probably just trying to butter me up (please) so I'll do it again.

scientific experiment
A single person with one small child and one small poodle and no Pastor can go weeks without running dishwasher. House with Pastor, three kiddos and no small dog requires constant running of dishwasher. And where does the bread go? I used to always throw away partial moldy loaves. Now you open a loaf and poof! The thing is gone! Five minutes later and you are saying "hey...where did that loaf of bread go???". I don't even eat that stuff made with that processed and refined and bleached icky-ness!

The Pastor asked me to pick the meat off of a rotisserie chicken tonight so he could take the chicken carcass to the trash. Nas-ty! I didn't want to do it, but after 5 days of marriage I'm still trying to be an obedient wife so I decided to just keep my mouth shut and do it. Even though the thought of it just seemed entirely gross. While I was picking the meat off, I thought this must be one of the reasons he bought me such a big diamond ring...so that I would have something pretty and sparkly to look at while performing such unpleasant tasks.

Smaller new daughter asked me the other night if I was going to spend the night again. I told her yes. Then she asked about it again the next night. So I told her I lived here now and I would be spending the night every night. She hasn't quite figured it out yet. That's all very cute, but then this morning she told me, yes told me.....Robyn you haven't fixed us breakfast yet! Huh? I've been here 5 days and all of a sudden it's my responsibility to fix you breakfast? What?

The Pastor preached a really good sermon last week (and every other week before that). Anywho, it was about that widow woman who gives all she has. I've heard that story before about 82 times, but I've never heard it from this perspective....the Pastor talked not so much about how fab it was for the widow woman to give all she had, but about the greedy evil people who ran the Temple and how they just took and took and took.

The condo, my former residence, is all cleaned out. I'm glad it's cleaned out and we have everything at the house now so we (well...really just me, nobody else should touch anything) can get the house sane and clean and organized. But I must admit when we were working on it last night I felt myself getting a bit misty-eyed about leaving the residence that represented such independence for me.

Speaking of independent women, I was telling the Pastor yesterday exactly how much money I had in my bank account. I was really proud of me! I told him, and then he laughed at me. Then he said nobody could say that he married me for my money! Well duh! Of course not, he married me because I'm cute and he wants to buy me pretty things because I pick chicken meat off of bones and buy him a new tube of toothpaste because I love him and I don't want him to get irritated because I keep taking his tube of toothpaste out of the shower.

it's all about me, me me!!!
The kids seem to be adjusting well to our new blended family. Everybody was worried about the kids, as well they should be....but people should be worried about us because we have three kids! Oy! People should especially be worried about me because technically I have tripled the amount of children I have. The Pastor already had two kids, so one more really didn't make that much difference, and let's face it....he also acquired me, and that's a real bonus. But believe me, there is a huge amount of difference between having one kid and three. It's the difference between a slice of bread and a whole loaf.

No comments: