10.21.2009

priorities

Important to the Pastor on our trip to NYC:
-Human Rights Watch.
-The United Nations something or other.
-Genocide blah blah blah.
-The New York Public Library, because there are books there.

Important to me on our trip to NYC:
-Tiffany & Co - like that scene in Sweet Home Alabama??? when Patrick Dempsey's character said "Pick one!"
-A cupcake from Magnolia Bakery, the same place where Carrie Bradshaw (yes, another make-believe person) had a cupcake.
-A carriage ride through Central Park, just like when Big took Carrie on one in Sex and the City.
-Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss) in Hoboken, New Jersey. OK, another tv show, but this one does involve real people.
-A slice of authentic New York pizza.
-The MoMA.
-The Met.
-The New York Public Library, where Carrie nearly married Big.
-Another cupcake from Magnolia Bakery.
-And another cupcake from Magnolia Bakery.
-OK, maybe two more cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.

I now have a necklace and a bracelet from Tiffany's. And I'm sure I gained at least 5 lbs. And the Pastor? What does he have to show for his trip? Absolutely nothing. He should be ashamed of himself!

6 comments:

Ally said...

A gal has to have priorities :)

C.A. said...

Your list matches mine EXACTLY, Robin. :) I'm so envious of your being in all those wonderful places! I'm sure it was just as fantastic as you'd imagined it would be!

Hugs....

C.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so jealous - I have been wanting to go to New York City for forever! Looks like you had a great time! I enjoyed your pictures and videos ... you guys are hilarious!

Sissy

Dan and Libby said...

You didn't say what the flavors of the cupcakes were. Or -- I dunno -- maybe they were Babybels made to look like cupcakes!

Flourchild said...

Th Pastor is missing out!t

Anonymous said...

Oh sister...I ordered 6 cupcakes...yes, 6! from Magnolia Bakery when I was there two weeks ago. Funny thing is..this past monday I was diagnosed with diabetes. Whatever. When I go back to NY next month, I'm totally ordering 6 more! ;)