9.11.2009

the Devil (almost) made me do it

I went through the Starbucks drive-thru this morning.

I ordered my usual, and hey! It's Friday! I went for it and asked for a slice of lemon pound cake.

The magical voice on the speaker told me "I just sold the last one to the car in front of you. Why don't you just ram that car with your car, and then you can have it."

Hmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Voice on the intercom, do you really think I should do that? I already do whatever you tell me to do. You say pull up to the window, and I pull up to the window. You say that'll be $X.XX and I give you whatever you want. In exchange you give me a hot cup of addiction.

I sat there in my car and wondered if this defense would hold up in court. I had to do it. The Goddess on the Starbucks loudspeaker commanded me. I guess I wondered too long because the other car drove off. Not wanting to anger the Goddess, I pulled forward.

How am I supposed to help the poor and the homeless without $2 lemon pound cake in my belly?

At least my coffee is good.

1 comment:

Flourchild said...

This is soo funny, you make me smile!