7.17.2006

bread and cheese everywhere!

Kosovo

1. If you like bread, this is a good place for you. If you are staying away from carbs, probably not a good choice. I ate more bread yesterday than I had in the past three months combined.

2. Oh, and cheese.

3. Lots of Italian food. I mentioned to the Pastor today, as we were eating Pizza, that when I thought about Kosovo I never envisioned Pizza. He laughed at me, something about Italy being a stone's throw away. Yes, I understand that, but Pizza? In Kosovo?

4. Lots of hoochie shoes for not very many Euros. Which would be great if I wanted to schlep them across Europe in my backpack when I leave here. I don't want anything that bad.

5. Lots of wedding shops. It's apparently a big deal to be a bride here. I thought maybe the Pastor and I should get married again, especially when I found out brides don't get one dress, they get like TEN. Granted, they are ugly, tacky prom dresses -what else would you expect to wear with the hoochie shoes??? - but then I found out the bride has to wear these ugly M. C. Hammer pants the day after the wedding. Forget that! People also bring the brides big baskets of crap. I like the whole "it's all about the bride thing", but if someone gave me a big basket of crap, I'd be mad. And the groom has to give the bride all sorts of presents, which is apparently the least he can do before he starts cheating on her, gets a mistress or wife #2 and starts leaving wife #1 home alone with the babies.

6. No hiking here, even though I have the appropriate ugly shoes. Something about land mines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastorsbride,
I just want you to know that I love you. You have been putting a smile on my face for many months now.
Miss Anono

Dan and Libby said...

You've been putting a smile on my face for what, 30 years now? Just so we're clear, hoochie = bad? Because I thought sometimes hoochie = good. Also what language are they speaking?

Kate said...

You may like the pizza in Kosovo, but nothing beats the little mini-pizzas made of Pizza Quick Sauce we ate at your birthday party as kids. I'll never forget that!